Thursday, May 17, 2007

Five Weeks From Today…

I will be touching down in Alaska. We arrive that Thursday night late. And I hope to see my first moose by Friday at 9:00 a.m. …which will actually be 3 in the afternoon East Coast time.

I am actually quite concerned about the time change thing. We leave here at noon, but we don’t to Alaska until 11:28 p.m. Which if you think about that in terms of East Coast time is five in the morning. Huh? I don’t think you can sleep enough on the plane to overcome that. So…I’ll just have to make the best of it. Friday is a free day…so I want to go and do some stuff…but will have to acclimate a bit.

On the way home…we leave at 3:40 in the afternoon and get to Greenville the next day at 8:53 in the morning. Someone please just point me to my bed and let me fall.

It’s all going to be quite challenging. But I think the beauty of Alaska and excitement of the race and fun of the trip will make it all worthwhile.

But the thing that will make it most enjoyable is just being with my teammates and us doing it together.

Nothing can beat that.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Dawg,

The time change is really disorienting...so it having it seem like midday when it's close to midnight...but as many trips as I made here last spring and summer before I moved, I found it was always easy coming west. Going back home was a bear though! Seemed to take forever to get over the jet lag.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Alaska Dawg said...

Linda...there was a big debate Tuesday night at our meeting. How many hours time difference is there?

Dawg

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Dawg,

It's four hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home