Tuesday, May 01, 2007

And then I found the Carrot Cake

Well yesterday was my 42nd birthday. And it was a jammed packed day.

Got up feeling good, but still having some anxiety from some events from the night before. Let’s just say that last Thursday’s post lingered over the weekend, with a heartache on Sunday. But that’s ok. I can’t control someone else. And I will not be dragged back to meanness.

We all went to lunch at work and I got a card signed by everyone. Planned to leave work at five to get home and walk for thirty minutes before kid’s concert. Drove home. Check mail. Go up the walk. Hello to Tigger.

And then I found the carrot cake.

Someone left me a carrot cake on my doorstep. It’s like something out of a movie. You see it, and a million things run through your mind. You really do freeze for a moment trying to make sense of it.

There is a carrot cake on my front doorstep. And you look around to see if there is someone in the bushes that left the carrot cake. It was still cold on the bottom from being refrigerated. Will it explode when I pick it up? Did Rosielee leave this? But how could she?

I knew immediately who left it, but I couldn’t get my mind around it. There is only one person that knows about this. It can’t be anyone else. But I can’t get my mind around this. It’s still cold. But I can’t quite grasp this. There is a carrot cake on my doorstep.

I had a discussion a while back with Mr. Thursday Post about Free Will. What is the role of Free Will in religion? In the universe?

Sometimes when you need it most…the universe reaches out and touches you. You don’t know when it is coming. You don’t know before it happens that you need it to happen. It just happens. And then life goes on.

Sometimes you find a carrot cake…on your doorstep.

3 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger camojack said...

Carrot cake is good...especially as allegory, in this instance.

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Marsha said...

Baby girl !!! It was your birthday? I'm April 7. Now we're REALLY going to celebrate at Trail Days...

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Alaska Dawg said...

Nope Camo...it was a real carrot cake. And it was good too.

Dawg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home