Thursday, May 03, 2007

Walking with and Without

Several of us on the team are meeting up tonight to do a longish walk.

Longish for our marathon team is about five miles. I use the word longish because to a half-marathoner…that is kind of a normal everyday distance. Right on the edge of being a long walk…which a long walk is something after 6 or 6 ½ miles to a marathoner.

A debate that I have with myself is walking with others. I love walking with the team, but I love walking alone too. Both have their advantages.

Team: You are more likely to keep up a nice fast pace.
Alone: You don’t feel guilty if you want to stop for a moment.

Team: Friendship
Alone: Time alone to think and gather thoughts

Team: Hear about friend’s life and catch up
Alone: Mentally plan and prepare for upcoming events

Team: Stare at guy’s butts. You know who you are.
Alone: Stare at guy’s butts. Guilty as charged your honor.

I am looking forward to June. Kid is leaving for a few weeks, and then I can get in some good longish walks in downtown that are my favorites. And I can hopefully work off that last ten pounds I want to purposely get rid of before we leave for Alaska.

It’s exactly seven weeks from today. Alaska. Seven weeks from today we leave. I am going to have to keep repeating this to believe it. But it really is going to happen.

I have received email from Maggie noting that she is working on the moose. Maybe a moose eating Carrot Cake.

Anything is possible. Seven weeks.

Dawg

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Dawg,

Saw a moose yesterday....trying to cross the highway near where I live! Hopefully you'll see one.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Alaska Dawg said...

A MOOSE!@!@!@!@

44 days.

Alaska Bound Dawg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home